skip to primary navigationskip to content
- Books, articles and reports on various land economy subjects, including land policy, rural policy, recreation and tourism, land taxation, residential development and forestry policy.
- A Report on Recreation and Tourism in the Loch Lomond Area (joint author), University of Glasgow, 1968.
- Use of Land for Forestry within the Proprietary Land Unit, London, HMSO, 1969.
- "The Government White Paper "Land" - a land economist's view", in The Nationalisation of Development Land, London, Investment and Property Studies and Oyez Publications, 1974.
- "Agencies for rural development in Scotland", contribution to Regional and Rural Development, ed P J Drudy, London, Alpha Academic Press, 1976.
- Private Housing Development Process: a case study (joint author). Department of the Environment Inner Cities Research Programme 4, London, HMSO, 1981.
- "The risk business: developers' perceptions and prospects for housebuilding" (joint author). Urban Studies, Vol 19, No 4, November 1982, pp 331-341.
- "The value of fiscal measures to the private woodland owner in Britain" (joint author), contribution to Multipurpose agriculture and forestry, Proceedings of the 11th Seminar of the European Association of Agricultural Economists (ed M Merlo et al.), Kiel, Wissenschaftsverlag, 1987.
- Fiscal measures and forest management (joint author), report of a research project funded by ESRC, 1989.
- The impact of Government intervention on Private Forest Management in England and Wales (joint author). Forestry Commission Occasional Paper No 30, Edinburgh, Forestry Commission, 1991.
- Land Economy, a contribution to the International Encyclopedia of Business and Management, Macmillan, 1996.
- Lowland forestry on traditional estates, a research report for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, London, RICS, 1996.
- Land use management and urban development, contribution to Government of Malaysia National Land Convention,October 2002.
- Emerging Institutions in Europe, contribution to International Real Estate: an Institutional Approach, ed. Seabrooke, Kent and How, Oxford, Blackwell, 2004.
- Private woods in crisis? (with M. Young), a research report, Cambridge, Department of Land Economy, 2006