Prodromos Vlamis is an economist specializing in financial analysis of real estate markets. He earned a Doctorate degree (Ph.D) in Real Estate Finance (2000-2004) and a Master of Philosophy degree in Land Economy (1999-2000), both from the University of Cambridge, a Master of Science degree in Economics (1995-1996) from the University of York, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Economics (1991-1995) from the Athens University of Economics and Business.
Other Professional Activities
He is currently visiting Professor of Real Estate Finance at the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece (M.Sc. Banking and Finance for Executives and M.Sc. in Public Policy & Public Management for Civil Servants) and Member of the Board of Directors, Member of the Audit Committee, Member of the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee and Member of the Procurement Committee, Pangaea Real Estate Investment Company. This company is owned by Invel Real Estate Netherlands II B.V. and is the largest real estate fund–REIT in Greece, in terms of total assets (€1.6 Billion).
More recently, he has held research and teaching posts in Greece, at Athens University of Economics and Business, Centre of Planning and Economic Research, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, University of Piraeus, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, the Hellenic Open University and the University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki.
He has also served as Senior Research Fellow (2010-2011) and Visiting Fellow (2011-2012) at the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK.
Between June 2003 and September 2010, he was working as a Lecturer in Economics and Finance for the International Programmes Department of Pembroke College, University of Cambridge. During 2004-2006 he was post-doctoral Research Fellow in Real Estate Finance at Harvard University, USA.
He also served as a Temporary Lecturer in Finance at the Department of Land Economy and Preceptor in Economics at Corpus Christi College, both at the University of Cambridge (2002-2003). Previously, he worked as a Teaching Assistant at the same University (2000-2002).
Throughout the years, he has taught a variety of graduate and undergraduate University courses in financial analysis and real estate finance (Portfolio Management: Real Estate Stocks and Assets, Finance and Investment Analysis, Real Estate Finance, Principles of Economics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Political Economy and Financial Markets, Methods of Share and Bond Valuation, The British Capital Market and the Macro-economy in a European Context, Understanding Economics in a Global Setting, Modern Methods of Corporate Financing, Global Contemporary Economic Issues, Financial Management, Topics in Banking, Financial Investment Analysis and Contemporary Economic Issues: A Global View).
Editorial Board Member
- Economics and Finance Notes, ISSN 2277-9671
- Panoeconomicus, ISSN 2217-2386
- Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance
- International Journal of Business & Economics, ISSN 1543-1614
- OxfordJournal, ISSN 1551-4498
Referee for Professional Journals
He has acted as a referee for the following peer reviewed journals and edited volumes:
- Journal of Banking and Finance (once) ABS list (3*)
- Annals of Tourism Research (twice) ABS list (4*)
- Applied Financial Economics (twice) ABS list (2*)
- Journal of Macroeconomics (twice ) ABS list (2*)
- Applied Economics (twice) ABS list (2*)
- International Review of Economics and Finance (once) ABS list (2*)
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (once) KEELE list (1*)
- Economics and Finance Notes (once)
- Journal of theAsiaPacific Economy (once)
- Global Journal of Economics and Finance (once)
- Global Journal of Business, Management and Accounting (once)
- International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (twice)
- Aeixoros - Texts of Urban Planning and Urban Development (twice)
- African Journal of Marketing Management (once)
- African Journal of Political Science and International Relations (once)
- Edited Volume of the Central Bank of Cyprus, Cyprus (once)
- Centre for Planning & Economic Research, Athens, Greece (twice)
- Edited Volume of the Hellenic Bankers Association, Athens, Greece (once)
He has presented his work in international conferences in Cancun-Mexico, Maastricht-Netherlands, Boston-USA, Cambridge-UK, Thessalonica-Greece, London-UK and Oxford-UK, Ioannina-Greece, Athens-Greece, Warsaw-Poland,Prague-CzechRepublic, Rome-Italy, Birmingham-UK.
Prodromos Vlamis was awarded the Harold Pollman Fellowship in Real Estate Finance at Harvard University for the year 2004-2005. He was awarded the 2006 Prize for the Best Research Paper in Economics and Finance at the 5th Global Conference on Business & Economics, University of Cambridge, July 6-8, 2006, UK. He was presented the 2006 Award for Excellence by the Honourable Mayor of Cambridge, UK.
His research throughout the years has been sponsored by a number of companies and institutions; the Harold Samuel Fund, the Cambridge European Trust, the Cambridge Political Economy Society Trust, the British Foreign Office, the PriceWaterhouseCoopers, the Quatercentenary Fund of the Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge, the Harold Pollman Fund of Harvard University, Greek Ministry of Interior and Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
His research interests include credit risk analysis of corporate entities, financial markets regulation, property finance, efficiency of monetary policy and Greek debt crisis.