Director, Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation Research (4CMR)
Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science and Policy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Subject groups/Research projects
- deNazelle, B. Morton, M. Jerrett and D, Crawford-Brown, "Short Trips: An Opportunity for Reducing Mobile-Source Emissions?", Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 15, 451-457, 2010.
- R. Raucher, S. Rubin, D. Crawford-Brown and M. Lawson, "Benefit-Cost Analysis for Drinking Water Standards: Efficiency, Equity, and Affordability Considerations in Small Communities", Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, 1, 1-22, 2011.
- Y. Li and D. Crawford-Brown, "Assessing the Co-Benefits of Greenhouse Gas Reduction: Health Benefits of Particulate Matter Related Inspection and Maintenance Programs in Bangkok, Thailand", Science of the Total Environment, 409, 1774-1785, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Sources, Risks and Mitigation of Radioactivity in Water", in Treatise on Water Science, Oxford Academic Press, 59-67, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "The Precautionary Principle in Environmental Regulations for Drinking Water", Environmental Science and Policy, 14, 379-387, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Sustainable Development", Handbook of Sustainability Management, ed by C. Madu and C. Kuei, Imperial College Press, London, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, L. Pakianathan and N. Osborne, "Climate Change Adaptation and Underground Rail Transit Systems", Journeys, 2011.
- Skelton, D. Guan, G. Peters and D. Crawford-Brown, "Mapping Flows of Embodied Emissions in the Global Production System", Environmental Science and Technology, 45, 10516-10523, 2011.
- D. Crawford-Brown, T. Barker, A. Anger and O. Dessins, "Ozone and PM Related Health Co-benefits of Climate Change Policies in Mexico", Environmental Science and Policy, 17, 33-40, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown and S. Crawford-Brown, "Cumulative Risk Assessment Framework for Waterborne Contaminants", Journal of Environmental Protection, 3, 5, 400-413, 2012.
- S. Kelly, D. Crawford-Brown and M. Pollitt, "Building Performance Evaluation and Certification in the UK: is SAP fit for Purpose?", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, 9, 6861-6878, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "Assessing the Sensitivity of Climate Change Targets to Policies of Land Use, Energy Demand, Low Carbon Energy and Population Growth", Journal of Environmental Protection, 3, 12, 1615-1624, 2012.
- S. Kelly, M. Shipworth, D. Shipworth, M. Gentry, A. Wright, M. Pollit, D. Crawford-Brown and K. Lomas, "Predicting the Diversity of Internal Temperatures from the English Residential Sector using Panel Methods", Applied Energy, 102, 601-621, 2012.
- D. Crawford-Brown, Pi-Cheng Chen, Hsiu-Ching Shih and Chia-Wei Chao, Climate Change Air Toxic Co-Reduction in the Context of Macroeconomic Modelling, Journal of Environmental Management, 125, 1-6, 2013.
- D. Crawford-Brown, "The Role of Advanced Biological Data in the Rationality of Risk-based Regulatory Decisions", Journal of Environmental Protection, 4, 3, 238-249, 2013.
- Jun Li, D. Crawford-Brown, M. Syddall, and D. Guan, "Modeling imbalanced economic recovery following a natural disaster using input-output analysis", Risk Analysis, 2013.
- D. Crawford-Brown, M. Syddall, D. Guan, J. Hall, Jun Li, K. Jenkins and R. Beaven, "Vulnerability of London's economy to climate change: Sensitivity to production loss", Journal of Environmental Protection, 2013
- D. Crawford-Brown., “Greenhouse Gases and Climate Change Risk Reduction”, Sustainability and Disaster Risk Management, 1, 9-14, 2014.
P-C. Chen, P-C, D. Crawford-Brown,C-H. Chang and H-W. Ma, "Identifying the Drivers of Environmental Risk through a Model Integrating Substance Flow and Input–output Analysis", Ecological Economics, 107, 94-103, 2014.
D. Crawford-Brown, D., "Analysis of the Co-Benefits of Climate Change Mitigation" in Handbook of Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, Springer Press, doi: 10.1007/978-1-4614-6431-0_59-1, 2015
H-C. Shih, H-C, D. Crawford-Brown, and H-W. Ma, "The Influence of Spatial Resolution on Human Health Risk Co-benefit Estimates for Global Climate Policy Assessments", Journal of Environmental Management, 151, 393-403, 2015.
D. Crawford-Brown and J-B. Gosse, “Collective Finance Models for Sustainable Water Projects”, Journal of Environmental Protection, 6, 477-493, 2015.
T. Barker, T. and D. Crawford-Brown editors, Decarbonising the Global Economy, Imperial College Press, 2015.
S. Kelly, P. Tyler and D. Crawford-Brown, "Exploring Vulnerability and Interdependency of UK Infrastructure using Key-linkage Analysis", Networks and Spatial Economics, 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s11067-015-9302-x
D. Crawford-Brown, "Regulatory Implications of Cumulative Risk for Perchlorate as an Iodide Uptake Inhibitor", Journal of Environmental Protection, 6, 726-734, 2015.
D. Crawford-Brown, "Application of Probabilistic Risk Assessment in Establishing Perchlorate and Goitrogen Risk Mitigation Strategies", International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12, 10374-10390, 2015.
Z. de Carvalho Morais, D. Crawford-Brown and V. Cabero Dieguez, "Sustainability Assessment and Governance Challenges in Development of Environmental Protection Areas", Chapter 16 in Territoris em Risco, Editora UFPA, 307-327, 2015.
M. Jano-Ito and D. Crawford-Brown, D. "Socio-technical analysis of the electricity sector of Mexico: Its historical evolution and implications for a transition towards low-carbon development", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 55, 567-590, 2016.