Each year the Department runs a series of weekly seminars held throughout the Michaelmas and Lent Terms. They focus on research being undertaken in the Department and elsewhere, and are led by visitors to the Department and members of the teaching and research staff.
Michaelmas 2013 Seminars:
- Seminar 16th October 2013 – Dr Yoko Nagase. Integrating Economics and System Dynamics Approaches for Modeling an Ecological-Economic System.
- Seminar 23rd October 2013 – Professor Ricardo Azevedo Araujo. A neo-Kaldorian approach to structural change.
- Seminar 30th October 2013 - Pablo Salas. Decarbonisation of the global power sector in the context of climate change mitigation.
- Seminar 6th November 2013 – Paul Swinney. The work of Centre for Cities.
- Seminar 13th November 2013 - Dr Yiannis Kitromilides. The political economy of austerity.
- Seminar 20th November 2013 - Prof. Joseph Ferreira, Jr., MIT Big Data for Urban Analytics and Land Use Planning.
- Seminar 27th November 2013 – Professor Jorge Viñuales. The international regulation of energy
- Seminar 4th December 2013 - Terrie Alafat. Managing the tensions: Developing housing policy in an era of economic restraint.