UDP journal CALL FOR PAPERS: Linking people and place in a new
wave of computer models Elisabete A. Silva and Felix SK Agyemang
Timeline: 20th June for abstracts and 20th September for manuscripts
Our recent selected publications (books, book chapters and journals):
- Silva, E. A. ; P. Healey, N. Harris and P. van den Broeck (2014, 2015) The Routledge Handbook of Planning Research Methods. , Routledge. 658 pages
Elisabete A. Silva and Ransford Acheapong (2015) Developing and inventory and typology of Land-Use Planning Systems and Policy Instruments in OECD Countries OECD, DOI.: JT03374599 ENV/EPOC/WPIEEP (2015)8: 54 pages - See more at: http://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/directory/esilva#sthash.KSUp01t6.dpuf
- Reis, J.P., E. A. Silva, P. Pinho (2015)
Spatial Metrics to Study Urban Patterns in Growing and Shrinking Cities. Urban Geography. 26 pp. online first. Doi. 10.1080/02723638.2015.1096118 - See more at: http://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/directory/esilva#sthash.KSUp01t6.dpuf
- Liu, H. and E. A. Silva (2015) Creative industries urban model: structure and functioning.(With H. Liu) Urban Design and Planning. (2014 - OA-1398) 168 ( DP2): 88-100
- Acheapong, R. and E. A. Silva (2015)
Land Use-Transport Interaction Modelling: A Review of the Literature and Future Research Directions. Journal of Transport and Land U se. Vol 8 (3): 1-28 pp.https://www.jtlu.org/index.php/jtlu/article/view/806/603
- Silva, E. A. (2015) Research Excellence: citing, being cited and the H Index. Urban Design and Planning. (OA-4012), 168 (3): 113- 114
- Silva, E. A. (2013) Hot topics in planning. Urban Design and Planning 166(3):149-150
- Silva, E. A. (2013) Selecting AI urban models using waves of complexity. (with N. Wu) Urban Design and Planning. 166 (1): 76-90
- Liu, H. and E. A. Silva (2013) Simulating the dynamics between the development of creative industries and urban spatial structure: an agent-based model .S. Geertman et al. (eds.), Planning Support Systems for Sustainable Urban Development, Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-37533-0_4, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg pp. 51-72
- Silva, E. A. (2013) The power of Geographic Information in Information and Communication Technologies. Urban Design and Planning. 166 (1): 1-2
- Reis, J. P., Silva, E. A., & Pinho, P.. (2014). Measuring Space: a review of spatial metrics for urban growth and shrinkage. In E. A. Silva, P. Healey, N. Harris & P. van den Broeck, editor, The Routledge Handbook of Planning Research Methods. New York: Rutledge, 279-292.
- Reis, José P., & Silva, E. A. (2015). O uso de métricas espaciais para a análise e caracterização da forma urbana. In V. Oliveira, T. Marat-Mendes & P. Pinho, editor, O estudo da forma urbana em Portugal (forthcoming). Porto: Edições UP.
- Wu, N. and E. A. Silva (2013) DG-ABC: An Integrated multi-agent and cellular automata urban growth model. Technologies in Urban and Spatial Planning: Virtual Cities and Territories? (Eds. Nuno Norte Pinto, José António Tenedório, António Pais Antunes and Josep Roca ), Springer
- Liu, H. and E A. Silva (2013) Simulating the dynamics between the development of creative industries and urban spatial structure: an agent-based model.. S. Geertman et al. (eds.), Planning Support Systems for Sustainable Urban Development, Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-37533-0_4, _ Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 51-72
- Reis, J. and E.A. Silva (2013) The use of spatial metrics for the characterization and analysis of urban form. In: Urban morphology. Edited by V. Oliveira, T. Marat Mendes and P. Pinho and. In “The Study of Urban Form in Portugal”,
- Wu, N. and E.A. Silva (2012) Surveying Models in Urban Land Studies. Journal of Planning Literature. 27: 139-152
- Souza, S. and E. A. Silva (2012) Land reform beyond the reformed land: A baseline study of unplanned site allocations in Brazil. International Planning Studies, 17, 3: 270.
- Souza, S. and E.A. Silva (2012) Land Reform and Regional Planning: a proposal state-market. IPEA-Journal of Planning and Public Policy, 38, (June): 25.
- Silva, E. A. (2011) Data, models and land planning – Europe’s data-led policy. Journal of Urban Design and Planning. 164(4): 195-196
- Xiaopeng, L., F. Shuaixiong and E.A. Silva (2011) An application of the hedonic price model: the case of Beijing (in Chinese), (with), China Market, 2011(10), pp. 58-63
- Souza, S. and E.A. Silva (2011) Planning land reform on a regional scale: a case study from Brazil. (with S. Souza) Planning Theory and Practice, 12(4): 246-265. ISSN: 0885-4122
- Silva, E. A. (2011) Cellular Automata Models and Agent Base Models for urban studies: from pixels, to cells, to Hexa-Dpi’s. In: Urban Remote Sensing: Monitoring, Synthesis and Modeling in the Urban Environment. Edited by: Dr. XiaojunYang. Wiley-Blackwell. pp. 323-345. ISBN: 978-0-470-74958-6
- Silva, E. A. (2010) Waves of complexity. Theory, models, and practice. In: Roo, Gert de, and Elisabete A. Silva (2010), A Planner’s Encounter with Complexity, Ashgate Publishers Ltd, Aldershot (UK). pp. 309-331.. ISBN: 978-1-4094-0265-7
- Silva, E. A. (2010) Complexity and CA, and application to metropolitan areas. In: Roo, Gert de, and Elisabete A. Silva (2010), A Planner’s Encounter with Complexity, Ashgate Publishers Ltd, Aldershot (UK). pp..187-207. ISBN: 978-1-4094-0265-7
- De Roo, G. and E.A. Silva (2010) A Planner’s Encounter with Complexity, Ashgate Publishers Ltd, Aldershot (UK). 337 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4094-0265-7. http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409402657
- Silva, E. A. and N. Wu (2010) Artificial intelligence solutions for Urban Land Dynamics: A Review. Journal of Planning Literature. 2010 24: 246-265.
- Souza, S. and E. A. Silva (2010) Developmental perspectives of seemingly opposing land reform views: an unplanned gap in the literature. Regional Studies Regional Studies. 45, (6): 857-868 ISSN: 1360-0591.
- Silva, E. A,, N. Wu and N. Song (2009) Urban revitalization in traditional neighbourhoods in Chinese cities. RICS, London. 54 pages. ISBN: 978-1-84219-535-2 Free for download at: http://www.rics.org/site/scripts/download_info.aspx?fileID=5838&categoryID
- Martinez, LM, JM Viegas, and E. A. Silva (2009) A Traffic Analysis Zone Definition: A New Methodology and Algorithm. (). Transportation. 36 (5): 581-599. ISSN: 0049-4488
- Wu, N. and E. A. Silva (2009) Artificial Intelligence and ‘waves of complexity’ for urban dynamics. In: WSEAS. Recent Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Engineering and Databases pp. 459-469. ISBN:978-960-474-051-2 and ISSN:1790-5109
- Martinez, LM, E.A. Silva and JM Viegas (2009) Modifiable Areal Unit Problem Effects on Traffic Analysis Zones Delineation. Environment and Planning B – Planning and Design. 36(4): 625-643.
- Silva, E. A., J. Wileden, J. and J. Ahern (2008) Strategies for Landscape Ecology in Metropolitan Planning: Applications Using Cellular Automata Models. , Progress in Planning, 70(4):133-177 - ISSN: 0305-9006
- Martinez LM E. A. Silva and JM Viegas (2007) Zoning Decisions in Transport Planning and their Impact on the Precision of Results. Transportation Research Record, 1994 (08): 58-65 - ISSN: 0361-1981
- Silva, E. A. (2006) Transportation and the Portuguese development during the past 30 years (In Portuguese - Sociedade e Território), Society and Territory, 40: 52-62 - ISSN: 36316/90
- Silva E. A. and K. Clarke (2005) Complexity, Emergence and Cellular Urban Models: Lessons Learned from Appling SLEUTH to two Portuguese Cities. European Planning Studies, 13 (1): 93-115 – ISSN: 0965-4313
- Gaspar, M. , E. A. Silva and J. Viegas 2004 A methodological approach in order to support decision makers when defining Mobility and Transportation Politics [bilingual version, Estudos Regionais), , Portuguese Journal of Regional Studies , 6: 109-127 – ISSN: 1645-586X
- Silva, E. A. (2004) Full Paper: Scenarios of Urban Expansion in the Porto Metropolitan Area. Urbanism Review (Revista Urbanismo), 5: 19-29 – ISSN 0874-937X
- Silva, E. A. (2004) The DNA of our Regions: artificial intelligence in regional planning. Futures, 36(10):1077-1094. – ISSN: 0016-3287
- Silva, E. A. and K. Clarke (2002) Calibration of the SLEUTH Urban Growth Model for Lisbon and Porto, Portugal. Computers,Environment and Urban Systems, 26 (6): 525-552 - ISSN: 0198-9715
- Silva, E. A. (2002) Are the Regional and the Local Foregathering? Widening the Gap between the New Regionalists and the Community Builders. European Planning Studies, 10 (4):529-535 - ISSN: 0965-4313
- Silva, E. A. (2002) Indecision Factors when planning for land use change. European Planning Studies, 10 (3): 335-358 - ISSN: 0965-4313
- Silva, E. A. (2002) Scenarios of Urban Growth in the Lisbon Metropolitan Area. Journal of Regional Studies (In Portuguese: Revista de Estudos Regionais), 5: 23-41 - ISSN 0874-8675
- Silva, E. A. (2001) Environmental and Urban Models. The planning of different scenarios for two Metropolitan Areas. (Landskabsokologiske Skrifter nr. 16) Landscape Ecological Papers, 16: 49-56 –– ISSN: 1395-3710