The Department of Land Economy organises the following seminars:
Land Economy Seminars
Each year the Department runs a series of weekly seminars held throughout the Michaelmas and Lent Terms. They focus on research being undertaken in the Department and elsewhere, and are led by visitors to the Department and members of the teaching and research staff.
Current Programme (Lent 2013)
- Lent 2013
- Seminar 16th Jan 2013 - Professor Georgios Chortareas National Fiscal Policy Discipline in Common Currency Areas: Do Enforceable Rules Exist?
- Seminar 23rd Jan 2013 - Costas Lapavitsas A crisis of financialisation: Fragmentation of banking and Eurozone break-up
- Seminar 30th Jan 2013 - Professor Alessandro Balducci Strategic Planning for Contemporary Urban Regions: the case of Milan “Città di Città” project.
- Seminar 6th Feb 2013 - Professor Marco Flávio da Cunha Resende National innovation systems and the external constraint on growth: A theoretical approach with empirical evidence.
- Seminar 13th Feb 2013 - Terrie Alafat Managing the tensions: Developing housing policy in an era of economic restraint. CANCELLED!
- Seminar 20th Feb 2013 - Professor David Clapham - Housing Pathways of Young People Towards 2020
- Seminar 27th Feb 2013 – Dr Steven Devaney - Measuring real estate investment performance: A European comparison of different approaches
- Seminar 6th March 2013 – Dr Madsen Pirie - Steering Public Policy Around the Interest Groups.
- Seminar 13th March 2013 – Prof David yates - Why is it so hard to interpret a contract?