Energy, Innovation and Climate Policy
- Probst, B., Lohmann, P.M., Kontoleon, A., Anadon, L.D. (2023). ‘The impact of open access mandates on scientific research and technological development in the U.S.’iScience ISCI 107740. DOI: 10.1016/j.isci.2023.107740
- Peñasco, C, Anadon, LD. ‘Assessing the effectiveness of energy efficiency measures in the residential sector gas consumption through dynamic treatment effects: Evidence from England and Wales.’ Energy Economics (2023) 117: 106435. DoI: 10.1016/j.eneco.2022.106435.
- Meckling, J, Galeazzi, C, Shears, E, Xu, T, Anadon, LD. ‘Energy innovation funding and institutions in major economies.’ Nature Energy (2022) 7: 876-885. Doi: 10.1038/s41560-022-01117-3
- Sauer, JMT, Anadon, LD, Kirchherr, J, Plummer Braeckman, J, Schulhof, V. ‘Determinants of Chinese and Western-backed development finance in the global electricity sector.' Joule (2022) 6(6):1230-1252. doi:10.1016/j.joule.2022.05.003
- Sauer, JMT, Anadon, LD, Kirchherr, J, Plummer Braeckman, J, Schulhof, V. ‘Chinese and multilateral development finance in the power sector’. Global Environmental Change (2022) 75:102553. Doi: 10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2022.102553
- Doblinger, C, Surana, K, Li, D, Hultman, N, Anadon, LD. 'How do global manufacturing shifts affect long term clean energy innovation? A study of wind energy suppliers.' Research Policy (2022) 51(7):104558; doi: 10.1016/j.respol.2022.104558
- Meng, J, Way, R, Verdolini, E, Anadon, LD. ‘Comparing expert elicitation and model-based probabilistic technology cost forecasts for the energy transition.’ Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) (2021) 118(27). https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1917165118
- Moner-Girona, M, Bender, A, Becker, W, Bódis, K, Szabó, S,.Kararachf, A.G., Anadon, LD. ‘A multidimensional high-resolution assessment approach to boost decentralised energy investments in Sub-Saharan Africa’. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (2021), 148: 111282. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2021.111282.
- Weinold, M, Kolesnikov, S, Anadon, LD. ‘Quantifying the impact of performance improvements and cost reductions from 20 years of light emitting diode manufacturing.’ Proceedings of the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE). Light-Emitting Devices, Materials, and Applications XXV (2021): 1170611. Doi:10.1117/12.2577591.
- Peñasco, C, Anadon, LD, Verdolini, E. ‘Systematic review of the outcomes and trade-offs of ten types of decarbonization policy instruments.’ Nature Climate Change (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-020-00971-x.
- Stephan, A, Anadon, LD, Hoffmann, VH. ‘How has external knowledge contributed to lithium-ion batteries for the energy transition?’ iScience (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2020.101995
- Probst, B, Westermann, L, Anadon, LD, Kontoleon, A. ‘Leveraging private investment to expand renewable power generation: Evidence on financial additionality and productivity gains from Uganda.’ World Development (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2020.105347
- Goldstein, AP., Doblinger, C., Baker, E., Anadon, LD. ‘Patenting and business outcomes for cleantech startups funded by ARPA-E’. Nature Energy. (2020). DOI: 10.1038/s41560-020-00683-8
- Probst, B, Anatolitis, V, Kontoleon, A, Anadon, LD. ‘The short term costs of local content requirements in the Indian solar auctions.’ Nature Energy (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41560-020-0677-7.
- Surana, K, Doblinger, C, Anadon, LD, Hultman, N. ‘Effects of technology complexity on the emergence and evolution of wind industry manufacturing locations along global value chains.’ Nature Energy (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41560-020-00685-6
- Hoppmann, J, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Why matter matters: how technology characteristics shape the strategic framing of technologies.’ Research Policy (2020) 49:1, 103882. DoI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2019.103882.
- Tang, L, Qu, J, Mi, Z, Bo, X, Chang, X, Anadon, LD, Wang, S, Xue, X, Li, S, Wang, X, Zhao, X. ‘Substantial emissions reductions from Chinese power plants after the introduction of ultra-low emissions standards.’ Nature Energy (2019). In Press. DoI: 10.1038/s41560-019-0468-1.
- Doblinger, C, Surana, K, Anadon, LD. ‘Governments as partners: the role of alliances in U.S. cleantech startup innovation.’ Research Policy (2019):48(6); 1458-1475.
- Meng, J, Zhang, Z, Mi, Z, Anadon, LD, Zheng, H, Zhang, B, Shan, Y, Guan, D. ‘The role of intermediate trade in the change of carbon flows within China’. Energy Economics (2018) 76:303-312. Doi: 10.1016/j.eneco.2018.10.009
- Bento, N, Wilson, C, Anadon, LD. ‘Time to get ready: Conceptualizing the temporal and spatial dynamics of formative phases for energy technologies.’ Energy Policy (2018) 119: 282-293. Doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2018.04.015.
- Binz, C, Anadon, LD. ‘Unrelated diversification in latecomer contexts—The emergence of the Chinese solar photovoltaics industry.’ Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions (2018) 28:14-34. Doi: 10.1016/j.eist.2018.03.005
- Jordaan, SM, Patterson, L, Anadon, LD. ‘A spatially-resolved inventory analysis of the water consumed by the coal-to-gas transition of Pennsylvania’. Journal of Cleaner Production (2018) 184: 366-374. Doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.217
- Huenteler, J, Tang, T, Chan, G, Anadon, LD. ‘Why is China’s wind power generation not living up to its Potential?.’ Environmental Research Letters (2018) 13: 044001. Doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/aaadeb
- Verdolini, E, Anadon, LD, Baker, ED, Bosetti, V, Reis, L. ‘Future prospects for energy technologies: insights from expert elicitations.’ Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (2018) 12(1): 133-153. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/reep/rex028.
- Li, Z, Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Towards sustainability in water-energy nexus: Ocean energy for seawater desalination.’ Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews (2018) 82(3): 3833-3847. Doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2017.10.087.
- Chan, G, Goldstein, AP, Bin-Nun, A, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Six principles for energy innovation.’ Nature (2017) 552: 25-27. Doi:10.1038/d41586-017-07761-0. (Corresponding author)
- Deng, H-M, Liang, Q-M, Liu, L-J, Anadon, LD. ‘Co-benefits of greenhouse gas mitigation: a review and classification by type, mitigation sector and geography.’ Environmental Research Letters (2017) 12:123001. Doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/aa98d2.
- Anadon, LD, Gallagher, KS, Holdren, JP. ‘Rescue U.S. energy innovation’. Nature Energy (2017) 2: 760–763. doi:10.1038/s41560-017-0012-0
- Anadon, LD, Baker, ED, Bosetti, V. ‘Integrating uncertainty into public energy research and development decisions.’ Nature Energy (2017) 2: 17071. Doi:10.1038/nenergy.2017.71. (All authors contributed equally).
- Nemet, GF, Anadon, LD, Verdolini, E. ‘Quantifying the effects of expert selection and elicitation design on experts’ confidence in their judgments about future energy technologies.’ Risk Analysis (2017) 37(2): 315-330. Doi: 10.1111/risa.12604. (All authors contributed equally).
- Siddiqi, A, Stoppani, J, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Scientific Wealth in Middle East and North Africa: Productivity, Indigeneity, and Specialty in 1981-2013’. PLoSONE (Public Library of Science ONE) (2016) 11(11): e0164500. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0164500.
- Anadon, LD, Chan, G, Harley, A, Matus, K, Moon, S, Murthy, S, Clark, W. ‘Making Innovation Work for Sustainable Development’. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) (2016) 113(35): 9682–9690. (First three authors share co-first-authorship).
- Anadon, LD, Chan, G, Bin-Nun, A, Narayanamurti, V. ‘The pressing energy innovation challenge of the U.S. national labs.’ Nature Energy (2016) 1: 16117. doi:10.1038/nenergy.2016.117
- Siddiqi, A, Ereiqat, F, Anadon, LD. ‘Formulating expectations for future water availability through infrastructure development decisions in arid regions.’ Systems Engineering (2016) 19(2); 101-110. Doi: 10.1002/sys.21337 (2016).
- Anadon, LD, Baker, ED, Bosetti, V, Reis, L. ‘Expert views - and disagreements - about the potential of energy technology R&D.’ Climatic Change (2016) 136(3): 677-691. Doi: 10.1007/s10584-016-1626-0.
- Santen, NR, Anadon, LD. ‘Balancing solar PV deployment and RD&D: A comprehensive framework for managing innovation uncertainty in electricity technology investment planning.’ Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (2016) 60: 560-569.
- Liu, Z, Davis, SJ, Feng, K, Hubacek, K, Liang, S, Anadon, LD, Chen, B, Liu, J, Yan, J, Guan, D. ‘Targeted opportunities to address the climate-trade dilemma in China.’ Nature Climate Change (2016) 6: 201-206.
- Surana, K, Anadon, LD. ‘Public Policy and Financial Resource Mobilization in Developing Countries: a Comparison of Approaches and Outcomes in China and India.’ Global Environmental Change (2015) 34: 340-359.
- Grindle, AK, Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘Food security amidst water scarcity: insights on sustainable food production from Saudi Arabia.’ Sustainable Production and Consumption (2015) 2: 67-78.
- Liu, Z, Feng, K, Hubacek, K, Liang, S, Anadon, LD, Zhang, C, Guan, D. ‘Four system boundaries for carbon accounts.’ Ecological Modelling (2015) 318:118-125.
- Guo, Y, Ru, P, Jun, S, Anadon, LD. ‘Not in My Backyard, but Not Far away from Me: Local Acceptance of Wind Power in China.’ Energy (2015) 82: 722-733.
- Baker, E, Bosetti, V, Anadon, LD. ‘Energy Policy Special Issue on Defining Robust Energy R&D Portfolios.’ Energy Policy (2015) 80: 215-218. (Editorial article, equal contributions of authors).
- Bosetti, V, Marangoni, G, Borgonovo, E, Anadon, LD, Barron, R, C. McJeon, WC, Politis, S, Friley, P. ‘Sensitivity to Energy Technology Costs: A Multi-model comparison analysis.’ Energy Policy (2015) 80: 244-263.
- Verdolini, E, Anadon, LD, Lu, J, Nemet, GF. ‘The effects of expert selection, elicitation design and R&D assumptions on experts' estimates of the future costs of photovoltaics.’ Energy Policy (2015) 80: 233-243.
- Baker, ED, Bosetti, V, Anadon, LD, Henrion, M, Reis, LA. ‘Future costs of key low-carbon energy technologies: Harmonization and aggregation of energy technology expert elicitation data.’ Energy Policy (2015) 80: 219-232
- Zhang, C, Anadon, LD, Mo, H, Zhao, Z, Liu, Z. ‘The water-carbon tradeoff of China’s coal power industry.’ Environmental Science & Technology (2014) 48(19): 11082-11089.
- Hajjar, DP, Moran, GW, Siddiqi, A, Richardson, JE, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Prospects for policy advances in science and technology in the Gulf Arab States: the role of international partnerships.’ International Journal of Higher Education (2014) 3(3): 45-57.
- Logar, N, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Semiconductor Research Corporation: An Industry Collaborative for Mission-Oriented Research.’ Minerva (2014) 52(2): 237-261.
- Choi, H, Anadon, LD. ‘The role of the complementary sector and its relationship with network formation and government policies in emerging sectors: The case of solar photovoltaics between 2001 and 2009.’ Technological Forecasting and Social Change (2014) 82: 80-94.
- Zhang, C, Anadon, LD. (2014) ‘A multi-regional input-output analysis of domestic virtual water trade and provincial water footprint in China.’ Ecological Economics (2014) 100: 159-172.
- Zhang, C, Anadon, LD. ‘Life cycle water use of energy production and its environmental impacts in China.’ Environmental Science & Technology (2013) 24(47): 14459-14467.
- Jordaan, SM, Anadon, LD, Mielke, E, Schrag, DP. ‘Regional water- and land-use implications of reducing oil imports with natural gas, shale oil, or biofuels in the United States.’ Environmental Science & Technology (2013) 47(21): 11976-11984. (Awarded Best Technical Paper at the Canadian Renewable Fuels Summit).
- Anadon, LD, Nemet, GF, Verdolini, E. ‘The future costs of nuclear power using multiple expert elicitations: effects of RD&D and elicitation design.’ Environmental Research Letters (2013) 8: 034020. (Selected to appear in the monthly highlights collection and topic of an ERL journal Perspective)
- Zhi, Q, Jun, S, Ru, P, Anadon, LD. ‘The evolution of China’s national energy RD&D programs: The role of scientists in science and technology decision-making.’ Energy Policy (2013) 61: 1568-1585.
- Kajenthira, A, Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘Bridging decision networks for integrated water and energy planning..’ Energy Strategy Reviews (2013) 2(1). 46-58. (Energy Strategy Reviews: 4th of 25 Hottest Articles).
- Anadon, LD, Bosetti, V, Bunn, M, Lee, A. ‘Expert judgments about RD&D and the future of nuclear energy.’ Environmental Science & Technology (2012) 41(21): 11497-11504.
- Anadon, LD. ‘Missions-oriented RD&D institutions in energy: a comparative analysis of China, the United Kingdom, and the United States.’ Research Policy (2012) 41(10): 1742-1756.
- Kajenthira, A, Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘The Case for Cross-Sectoral Water Reuse in Saudi Arabia: Bringing Energy into the Water Equation.’ Journal of Environmental Management (2012) 102: 184-192.
- Qiu, Y, Anadon, LD. ‘The price of wind power in China during its expansion: Technology adoption, learning-by-doing, economies of scale, and manufacturing localization.’ Energy Economics (2012) 34(3): 772-785.
- Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘The Water-Energy Nexus in Middle East and North Africa.’ Energy Policy (2011) 39(6): 4529-4540.
- Anadon, LD, and Nemet, GF. ‘Case study on the U.S. Synthetic Fuels Program: policy consistency, flexibility, and the long-term consequences of perceived failures.’ Global Energy Assessment. Coordinated by IIASA. Cambridge University Press. June (2012).
- Kempener, RK, and Anadon, LD. ‘Case study on Energy RD&D investments in the United States and major emerging economies’. Global Energy Assessment. Coordinated by IIASA. Cambridge University Press. June (2012).
- Sutherland, WJ, Bellingan, L, Bellingham, JR, Blackstock, JJ, Bloomfield, RM, Bravo, M, Cadman, VM, Cleevely, DD, Clements, A, Cohen, AS, Cope, DR, Daemmrich, AA, Devecchi, C, Anadon, LD, Denegri, S, Doubleday, R, Dusic, NR, Evans, RJ, Feng, WY, Godfray, HCJ, Harris, P, Hartley, SE, Hester, AJ, Holmes, J, Hughes, A, Hulme, M, Irwin, C, Jennings, RC, Kass, GS, Littlejohns, P, Marteau, TM, McKee, G, Millstone, EP, Nuttall, WJ, Owens, S, Parker, MM, Pearson, S, Petts, J, Ploszek, R, Pullin, AS, Reid, G, Richards, KS, Robinson, JG, Shaxson, L, Sierra, L, Smith, BG, Spiegelhalter, DJ, Stilgoe, J, Stirling, A, Tyler, CP, Winickoff, DE, Zimmern, RL. ‘A collaboratively-derived science-policy research agenda.’ PLoSONE (Public Library of Science ONE) (2012) 7(3): e31824. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0031824.
- Gallagher, KS, Anadon, LD, Kempener, R, Wilson, C. ‘Trends in Global Energy-Technology Innovation’. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews – Climate Change (2011) 2(3): 372-396.
- Chan, G, Anadon, LD, Chan, M, Lee, A. ‘Expert Elicitation of Cost, Performance, and RD&D Budgets for Coal Power with CCS.’ Energy Procedia (2011) 4: 2685-2692.
- Narayanamurti, V, Anadon, LD, and Sagar, AD. ‘Institutions for Energy Innovation: A Transformational Challenge.’ Issues in Science & Technology, September (2009), pp. 57-64. U.S. National Academies.
Multiphase Flow and MRI
- Dietrich, W, Anadon, LD, Sederman, AJ, Gladden, LF, Agar, D. ‘Simulation studies on the performance enhancement in periodically operated trickle-bed reactors based on experimental local liquid distribution measurements.’ Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2012) 51: 1672-1679.
- Anadon, LD, Sederman, AJ, Gladden, LF. ‘Rationalising MRI, conductance and pressure drop measurements of the trickle-to-pulse transition in trickle beds.’ Chemical Engineering Science (2008) 63: 4640-4648.
- Gladden, LF, Anadon, LD, Dunckley, CP, Mantle, MD, and Sederman, AJ. ‘Insights into gas-liquid-solid reactors obtained by magnetic resonance imaging.’ Chemical Engineering Science (2007) 62: 6969-6977.
- Anadon, LD, Sederman, AJ, Gladden, LF. ‘The Mechanism of the Trickle-to-Pulse Transition in Fixed-Bed Reactors.’ American Institution of Chemical Engineers Journal 52 (2006) 52: 1522-1532.
- Gladden, LF, Akpa, BS, Anadon, LD, Heras, JJ, Holland, DJ, Mantle, MD, Matthews, S, Mueller, C, Sains, MC, Sederman, AJ. ‘Dynamic MR imaging of single- and two-phase flows.’ Chemical Engineering Research & Design (2006) 84(A4): 272-28.
- Gladden, LF, Anadon, LD, Lim, MHM, Sederman, AJ, and Stitt, EH. ‘Insights into the Mechanism of the Trickle-to-Pulse Transition in Trickle-Bed Reactors.’ Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2005) 44: 6320-6331.
- Anadon, LD, Lim, MHM, Sederman, AJ, Gladden, AF. ‘Hydrodynamics in two-phase flow within porous media.’ Magnetic Resonance Imaging (2005) 23: 291-294.
- Sederman, AJ, Anadon, LD, El-Bachir, MS, Lim, MHM, Mantle, MD, Sains, MC, and Gladden, LF. ‘Latest developments in dynamic MRI of multi-phase systems.’ 4th World Congress on Industrial Process Tomography, Aizu, Japan (2005). Conference Proceedings.
- Cilliers, JJ, Anadon, LD, Wee, FS. ‘Temperature, classification and dewatering in 10 mm hydrocyclones.’ Minerals Engineering (2004) 17: 591-597.
Books and Book Chapters
- Chapter on: The Nature and Direction of Innovation in Global Value Chains for Wind-Energy Technologies’ by Surana, K, Doblinger, C, Li, D, Hultman, N, Anadon, LD. In “Innovation, Global Value Chains, and Globalization Measurement: Proceedings of a Workshop.” US National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine. (2022). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. P. 39-46. https://nap.nationalacademies.org/download/26477. DOI 10.17226/26477
- BOOK: Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD (Editors). ‘Science and Technology Development in the Gulf States: Economic Diversification through Regional Collaboration.’ Gerlach Press, Germany, Berlin. 2017. Also author of two chapters:
Chapter 1: Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘Scientific Wealth and Technical Capacity in the GCC: International Collaborations to Achieve New National Visions’, introductory chapter by editors.
Chapter 2: Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD. ‘Science and Engineering Research Collaborations: Patterns of Integration and Extension in the GCC.’
- BOOK: Anadon, LD, Bunn, M, Narayanamurti, V. (Editors). ‘Transforming U.S. Energy Innovation’. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom (2014). ISBN-13: 9781107043718.
Book reviewed in Science and Public Policy, (2016), 1–2, doi: 10.1093/scipol/scw010
Also first author of two chapters and co-author in 4 chapters:
Chapter 1: Bunn, M, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘The need to transform US energy innovation.’
Chapter 2: Anadon, LD, Chan, G, Lee, A. ‘Expanding, and improving targeting of, U.S. investment in energy innovation: an analytical approach.
Chapter 3: Logar, N, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Maximizing the return on investment’
Chapter 4: Jones, C, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Encouraging private-sector energy technology innovation and public-private cooperation.’
Chapter 5: Kempener, K, Bunn, M, Anadon, LD. ‘Maximizing the benefit from international energy innovation cooperation.’
Chapter 6: Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V, Bunn, V. ‘Transforming US energy innovation: how do we get there?’
- BOOK CHAPTER: Siddiqi, A, Anadon, LD, Narayanamurti, V. ‘Science and Engineering Education in the GCC: Challenges in the Road for Transformation’. In ‘Higher education investment in the Arab States of the Gulf: Strategies for Excellence and Diversity’. Eds. Dale Eickelman and Rogaia Mustafa Abusharaf. Gerlach Press, Berlin, Germany. 2017.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Anadon, LD, Nemet, GF. ‘The U.S. Synthetic Fuels Program: Policy consistency, flexibility, and the long-term consequences of perceived failures.’ In “Energy Technology Innovation: Learning from Success and Failure.” Edited by A Grübler and C Wilson. In Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom (2013), pp. 257-274
- BOOK CHAPTER: Grübler, A, Anadon, LD, Gallagher, KS, Kempener, R, O’Rourke, Anastasia, Wilson, C. ‘Global R&D, market formation, and diffusion investments in energy technology innovation.’ In “Energy Technology Innovation: Learning from Success and Failure.” Edited by A Grübler and C Wilson. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdome (2013), pp. 292-308.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Kempener, R, Anadon, LD, Gallagher, KS, Jiang, K. ‘Energy RD&D Investments in the major emerging economies and the United States’ In “Energy Technology Innovation: Learning from Success and Failure.” Edited by A Grübler and C Wilson. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom (2013), pp. 309-331.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Anadon, LD, and Holdren, JP. ‘Policy for Energy-Technology Innovation.’ In “Acting in Time on Energy Policy.” Edited by KS Gallagher. (2009). Brookings Institution Press.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Gladden, LF, Akpa, BS, Anadon, LD, Dunckley, CP, Lim, MHM, Mantle, MD, and Sederman, AJ. ‘Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A new window on the catalyst operating in the reactor environment.’ Turning Points in Solid-State, Materials, and Surface Science. KDM Harris and PP Edwards (Editors). Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK (2008), pp. 457-478.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Gladden, LF, Anadon, LD, Lim, MHM, Sederman, AJ. ‘Two-Phase Flow in Trickle-Bed Reactors.’ NMR Imaging in Chemical Engineering. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany (2006), pp. 534-55
Selected policy publications
Author with Dr. Clara Galeazzi and Dr. Jevgenijs Steinbuks of World Bank working paper: Galeazzi, C., Steinbuks, J., Anadon, L.D. ‘Assessing the Impact of Renewable Energy Policies on Decarbonization in Developing Countries.’ World Bank Policy Research Working Paper no. WPS 10329. Washington, D.C. World Bank Group. http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/099802502282336539/IDU0ed74462202af9043e70ab2309774e83a9d93; February 28, 2023.
- Lead author (with Dr. Cristina Peñasco and Prof. Aled Jones) of multi-authored international report released at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum (GCEAF) 2022 in Pittsburgh on September 22, 2022: ‘Ten Principles for Policy Making in the Energy Transition’, as part of the Economics of Energy Innovation and System Transitions (EEIST) project, funded by UK BEIS and CIFF.
- Co-author of report released at COP26. ‘The new economics of innovation and transition: evaluating opportunities and risks.’ Report of the project on the Economics of Innovation and System Transition (EEIST). November 4, 2021.
- Penasco, C, Anadon, LD, Verdolini, V. ‘How can we make green growth fair?’ Economics Observatory. November 15, 2021.
- Co-author of the Final Report of the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Independent Commission on Climate. Leading the Business and Innovation chapter. October 2021.
- Goldstein, A., Doblinger, C., Baker, E., Anadon, LD. ‘Startups supported by ARPA-E were more innovative than others but an investment gap may remain. Nature Energy (2020). Policy Brief. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41560-020-00691-8.
- Anadon, LD, Goldstein, AP, Baker, E, Doblinger, C. Submitted evidence in response to the UK Parliament Science & Technology Committee request on “A new UK research funding agency”. Evidence number: RFA0065. July 31, 2020. Available for download at: https://committees.parliament.uk/work/265/a-new-uk-research-funding-agency/publications/written-evidence/?page=2
- Surana, K, Doblinger, Anadon, LD. Policy brief: Collaboration between start-ups and federal agencies: surprising solution for energy innovation. Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF), Washington D.C. Joint with K. Surana and C. Doblinger. August 24, 2020. https://itif.org/publications/2020/08/24/collaboration-between-start-ups-and-federal-agencies-surprising-solution
- Contributor to conference report. Conference organized by The Royal Society. ‘Energy Storage: Automotive and Grids’. Section on ‘The impact of policy’. Part of the conference series at The Royal Society on ‘Breakthrough Science and Technologies: Transforming our future. January 23, 2018. The Royal Society. London, UK
- Contributor to written Testimony to the US Congress House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology by Venkatesh Narayanamurti. Washington D.C. July 19, 2017. Testimony available at: http://docs.house.gov/meetings/SY/SY00/20170719/106277/HHRG-115-SY00-Wstate-NarayanamurtiV-20170719.pdf